Vinyl Skirt Part 1| Aw13| Trendspotting

 


Happy new year lovelies!

This has got to be my most anticipated post!! I've been longing to do this post for a few months now. Since 2013! Speaking of the new year, I've decided this is definitely the year I will be somewhat devoted to the blog. I promise I will be a lot more consistent. Back to the matter, we witnessed the use of fabrics take a sexier turn to vinyl. Of course, vinyl clothing has been associated with sex and kinky lingerie. The Ann Summers Erotic wear consists of patent leather, liquid shine and vinyl materials. But who said vinyl was only for sex shops? ha! So many designers used this fabric for this season's collections breeding a sexualised elegance. I particularly like the idea of the mixture of fabrics in the looks, a juxtaposition of plastic and fur and even better fluff! As you may have noticed I have been wearing my fluffy knits with literally everything. I also loved the colors that were used for this fabric (main colors) which were pastels, esp. pastel pink.


You have no idea what I went through to get this skirt. I first saw it in Topshop going for £38 but I didn't feel the urgency to get it then. By the time I wanted it, it was sold out EVERYWHERE!! I was gutted but I really wanted it. I ended up buying it for TRIPLE the original price when I found it on ebay. The price hurt me a little bit and I told myself I would sell it after one or two wears but the first time I put it on I just knew I weren't going to sell it. 3 months down the line and it's still in my wardrobe. Now you can find a similar skirt else where for a much much cheaper price at  Missguided or Bank Fashion.

Here a a few of the looks I came up with the pink skirt. My next post will be with a different color so don't go anywhere!


#Look 1:



Jumper: H&M| Necklace: River Island| Hat: Ebay| Shoes: River Island




#Look 2:









Blouse: Bershka| Necklace: River Island| Skirt: Topshop| Shoes: River Island| Coat: Topshop


#Look 3:
Fluffy crop: Primark| Coat: Next| Shoes: Topshop| Necklace: Miss Selfridge




The following fits are from the initial shoot I had previously taken but I weren't too pleased with the lighting. Turns out I can't win as the other pictures look just as bad if not worse. On that note, these fits are a more autumn inspired as compared to the top ones which are rather warm.

#Look 1:

#Look 2:



Catwalk Inspirations:

Roksanda Illcic
Richard Nicoll| AW13

Richard Nicoll| AW13
              

Versace| AW13

Prada| AW13

Topshop Unique| AW13



2 comments:

We love to hear what you think. Please Leave comments!