Trendspotting: ss13 Zara Skort

             

It feels like I have disappeared the face of the earth! I have been extremely busy the past month. Have to give Thanks to Cherish for being consistent with the blog. I wanted to do this post over a month ago. The pictures were taken that long ago but I didn't want to upload them simply because the shoot was taken in the evening so the pictures came out dark and rather unflattering. But I got over it, so here goes...

*apply American accent* What is it?? Is it a skirt? Are they shorts? NO! it's a SKORT!!
So I bought this mini skort from Zara. Dissect that word and its a skirt-short. It's still in stock for £25.99. It's worth every penny I think. It's been so popular with bloggers too! I absolutely love it. Even fashion icons such as Olivia Palermo and model Karolina Kurkova have been spotted in a skort. They are so chic and up to date. I remember back in February/ March when I did the spring/ summer 13 trend report. I stated that asymmetrics would be in this season, but I did mention I weren't quite sure how the high street would embrace this trend. And voila!! It's the skort! I love it because it can be easily be dressed up or dressed down. It proving to be my go-to summer staple!


Jacket: Forever21| Skort: Zara| Shoes: Asos| Tee: Camden Town| Necklace: Ebay
This fit is casual, more for a chilled Friday night with friends. I think I would go for this look if I didn't know whether to dress up or dress down without looking like I'm having a wardrobe malfunction (though some may agree the skort itself looks like it's having an identity crisis).





Top: H&M| Shoes: Primark
With this outfiit I didn't want to lean on the monochrome style too much so I went for the colorful top. I think it's neon when it wants to be lol. Can't quite put my finger on what color it is.

Demin shirt: Miss Selfridge| Shoes: River Isalnd
Ok so this outfit is really comfortable. The heels I'm wearing are ever so comfortable I have worn them to go shopping, to get my nails done, well all girl errands and I didn't complain for a second.

Top: River Island| Shoes: Primark| Ankle cuffs: Ebay
I tried to look a bit more 'fun' with this fit. It's perfect if your are looking for a 'fun' chic summer look.

Catwalk Inspirations 

Anthony Vaccarello| ss13

Balenciaga| SS13

Eudon Choi| SS13

Eudon Choi| SS13

Thank you.
Coco xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think. Please Leave comments!