ss13 Trend Report!! (Again)| Fashion 2013| Fashion Week| Fashion Shows

So Cherish accidentally deleted the ss13 Trend Report *gasps* lol I know I posted it 3months ago but we aren't even into spring/ summer yet so it can still come in handy lol.
Here's the post exactly how it was back then with no changes. Yes I'm a computer whizz. I managed to get it all back.

Hi guys!! I've been soooooooo reluctant to do a Spring/ summer trend report ever since the ss13 fashion shows finished simply because I didn't want to do it too early in case I have more winter stuff to post. Turns out I'm extremely busy so I have no time for neither! It's 4am and I've been sitting here for God knows how long watching fashion shows.. Once I start there's no stopping me lol.
I have a love hate relationship with ss fashion and that's because it has soooooooo much variety and we get to wear pretty much anything we want. However its trends are ALWAYS closely linked to the previous season or very much alike to the ss fashion the year before with the tiniest change. Of course there are new trends but I could do with massive changes.
 
Now lets start lol.


REPORT1: Checks, Brights and Florals
- I absolutely loved the LV show. It had the 1960s theme with the mod look. The whole floor was yellow tiled and the models were coming off escalators. I think the tiles gave it away that the main theme would be checks. Nevertheless it was exciting to watch and intriguing as the models walked out in pairs. Marc Jacobs did well there as he had clear visuals of maxi, midi and mini. On that note checks are definitely in next season.
- Bright and bold colours are going to be key trend next season. I was in love with a few jumpsuits from Issa and they were accessorised well with gold jewellery. Clashing brights are also in. I take it colour blocking is back! But please keep it chic, classy and clean! I chose the dress from Christian Dior's collection as it has clashing brights. If you look closely you'll see there is a streak of bright pink under the bright orange.Sounds odd? But it looks good!
 
- Yes florals are back in! I'm quite happy about that because I didn't get to enjoy them as much during ss12 cos I was hesitant of them remembering how much I had worn that trend the year before that (or before that) lol. Next season the florals have taken a different turn. They are coming in digital prints rather than illustrated prints. So be careful of bees this summer haha. Just Cavalli, Holly Fulton, Etro and Edern have a nice collection of these florals.
 Designers from left: Louis Vitton,Christian Dior and Etro. 







REPORT 2: Monochrome, Safari and Stripes
-Black and white is in next season and it's all about looking modern and chic. This trend took over all over the catwalks for next season! Really nice monochrome collections were from Lanvin, Roland Mouret, Marc Jacobs, Haider Ackerman, Jason Wu and Balenciaga. This trend was popular therefore almost every designer has this look in their collections and in some, combined with other trends.
- Every spring/ summer we must expect an African themed trend. From tribals to Aztec prints. This time it's all about safari.But it's utilitarian safari so it's all about the Khakhis and looking masculine. It's not very Girly but I reckon I will warm up to it as summer gets close ( Haa.. See what I did there). Designers that showed the most utilitarian trends were as you would guess Burberry Proporsum of course, Felipe Oliviera Baptiste, Billy Reid and Belstaff.
- stripes are back in this season as they appeared in most of the shows. They were mainly simple stripes. No complications. Stripped tops, skirts, bras, dresses etc. no embellishments. The stripes were horizontal, vertical, parallel etc a bit of variety unlike ss12.This trend compliments the monochrome trend too. Again this trend was popular but you can take a look at Marc Jacobs' collection, , Christian Dior and Etro.
 

Designers from left: Jason Wu,Belstaff and Haider Ackerman 

REPORT3 : asymmetries, metallics and cut outs
- asymmetries are in next season but Thank God it's not in the form of the high low. God did people rinse out this trend last summer. I'm not quite sure how the high street will take on this trend but it was quite recurring in the ss13 shows. See J.W Anderson, Eudon Choi, Blumarine && Antonio Beradi.
- metallics are still in as it seems but for ss13 they are not the usual gold and silver. Rather they are in pastel colours and in a sheen type if fabric. For collections with this trend see Christian Dior and J.W Anderson.
- it's summer so I guess nothing wrong with cut out clothes. Most shows had cut out patterns such as Alexander Wang and Balenciaga.


Designers from left: Balenciaga, Christian Dior and Alexander Wang

MORE TRENDS TO LOOK OUT FOR NEXT SEASON: cropped jackets, patched designs, (see Ederm and Derek Lam), kimono (see Etro and Lanvin), embroidered lace and sequins (see Elie Saab, Vera Wang and Jenny Packham) , cropped trousers (see prada, mui mui, fendi), ruffles and frills (see Christopher Kane, Alexander McQueen). Don't forget the Olympic legacy so sporty will be in (see Stella McCartney) and of course leather is still big news!

Thank you and bring on spring/ summer!!

Coco xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think. Please Leave comments!